Things to know before visiting Mykonos and the De.light Boutique Hotel
How can I travel to Mykonos? Is there an airport? Where exactly is De.light Boutique Hotel? Which are the busiest months? For what is famous the beach of Agios Ioannis? In our today’s blog post, we are answering all the essential questions for first time travellers to Mykonos.
- Mykonos is one of the most popular and famous tourist destinations across the world.
- It belongs to the complex of islands called “Cyclades”.
- It is famous for the day and night scene as well as for the beautiful beaches.
- Mykonos is an ideal starting point for island hopping as it has frequent connections with Paros, Tinos and Andros islands. There are also connections to Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Syros and more.
- The Town (Chora) of Mykonos is considered to be among the most beautiful villages in the Aegean Sea.
- The two main settlements of Mykonos are the Town (Chora) and the village of Ano Mera (7 km from the Town).
- Mykonos has airport, port and a marina. It is connected by plane, boat and high speed vessels to Athens.
- Mykonos is connected to Athens with ships leaving from the port of Piraeus and the port of Rafina. It is advisable, if you are arriving to Athens’ airport and want to travel to Mykonos, to choose the port of Rafina as it’s much closer to Athens’ airport.
- Flying from Athens will take you no more than 35 minutes.
- Mykonos over the last years became also a popular cruise stop.
- July and August are the busiest months of the season, when June and September are considered the best months to visit Mykonos.
- Among the smallest settlements of the island is Agios Ioannis, where De.light Boutique Hotel is located.
- The weather of Mykonos is the typical of a Greek island with hot, dry summers and mild winters. The higher temperatures start from May and end at October when you can still swim and enjoy the sea and the sun.
- You will face no problem in communicating in English language.
- On Mykonos, you can use bus, taxi, car, scooter, ATV or boats to discover the island.
- The beach in front of De.light Boutique Hotel is also called Shirley Valentine Beach (the famous movie was shot at this very beach) and it is ideal for relaxation and snorkelling.
- Next to Agios Ioannis you will find the hidden beach of Kapari, just after the chapel of AgiosIoannis.
We kept some secrets though for you to enjoy upon your arrival on the island of Mykonos. The people of De.light Boutique Hotel are always ready welcome and share all Things to know before visiting Mykonos and the De.light Boutique Hotel